Moving right along, in search of good times and good news…
November 21, 2008
Posted by on
I know I got a lot of folks excited about my last blog post, and I suspect a bunch of those readers are wondering what comes next.
Well, I am pleased to say that serious progress has been made. In the past week:
- I actually verified (minor detail) with our insurance agent that we could do what we wanted to do;
- Picked up our first coder and have one contract in negotiation, found one potential client in search of a PHP programmer and got a lead on yet a third project;
- Got lots of positive feedback and helpful recommendations from lots of freelancers, as well as potential customers;
- Initiated a conversation with our lawyer about boiler-plate contracts; and
- Had an intriguing conversation about a Freelance Camp to take place at CubeSpace.
And just a small selection of items on my to-do list that remain to be done:
- Write the RFP that is due November 25th (I have the contractor all lined up, but have not sat still enough this week to get any actual writing done);
- Devise an actual fee schedule so that we can recruit more freelancers;
- Peruse the small selection of RFP’s that are tagged and just waiting to be reviewed;
- Work out a scheme so that someone other than me peruses both the government and corporate universes for RFP’s RFQ’s and other acronyms that seem to lead to work;
- Make my way through all of my unread emails; and
- Not hyperventilate at the fact that my to-do list is significantly longer than the list of what I have accomplished this week.
At this point, what I need from you, kind readers:
- Recommendations on coders, web designers, and other related professionals who we might want to consider adding to our resource pool. If possible, including a bio/resume/client list or a link to a page that contains all that information;
- Leads on projects. We are focusing on small to medium-sized projects, one-time or ongoing.
- Help in getting the word out to your friends, colleagues and the like.
Please send any and all ideas to me at EvaCatHerder [at] Gmail.com.